Mission Statement: Who We Are & What We Are About
As a forerunner to the first coming of Christ, God raised up John the Baptist in the spirit of Elijah as a voice crying out [Kole Qara] in the wilderness. In this critical hour in human history, the Lord is again raising up “Elijah voices” to turn the hearts of the children to their Eternal Father through faith in Jesus Christ.
Kole Qara Christ Ministries Christian Church is an evangelical, nondenominational, Holy Spirit empowered body of believers that exists to proclaim the full gospel of Jesus Christ as Lord, Savior and Redeemer of humanity and to nurture and train disciples to be voices equipped to proclaim this glorious good news and prepare the way of the Lord.
To that end we desire to:
1. Glorify the Lord Jesus Christ in every aspect of our lives and living in order to make His name known, great and glorious in our local community and throughout the world so that many may come to know and love our wonderful Savior & Lord.
2. Make and equip disciples (life-long followers of Christ who willingly surrender their lives to His lordship) for the work of the ministry (Ephesians 4:12).
3. Edify—strengthen, educate and promote the growth of—the body of Christ (family of believers), especially young believers, until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and knowledge of the Son of God, and become mature Christians attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ, ever ready to give a defense (an apologia) for the hope that is in us.
4. Preach the full uncompromised gospel—the good news of Christ’s life, atoning death and resurrection, of His power and desire to save from sin, redeem from the power of death and hell, to deliver from every manner of bondage and addiction, and to renew, transform and sanctify human lives.
5. Proclaim that now is God’s acceptable time and today the day of God’s salvation and favor (Luke 4:18 & 2 Corinthians 6:2) (Ephesians 4:13 & 1 Peter 3: 15) (Luke 4:18) Kole Qara Christ Ministries “The voice of one crying out in the wilderness. . .” Isaiah 40: 3
6. Follow the Holy Spirit’s leading in meeting “felt needs” of our local communities as a tangible expression of God’s love.
7. Strengthen the bonds of Christian love within the family of believers through corporate worship, fellowship, exhortation, the breaking of bread together in Holy Communion, and in such other expressions as the Lord leads.
8. Raise up and support missionaries fulfill the Great Commission to take the gospel “to the uttermost part of the earth We fully acknowledge that the cornerstone of any effective ministry is a disciplined dedication to prayer and seeking the will and presence of God without which none of the above goals can be achieved (Luke 18:1, Ephesians 6:18, & 1 Thessalonians 5:17).(1 John 3:16- 18 & James 2:15-17) (Acts 1:8, Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-18)
Doctrinal Statement: What we Believe
2. The Bible is the divinely inspired and only infallible Word of God. Its doctrine is holy; its precepts are binding; its histories are true and accurate; and its decisions are immutable. Through the Holy Bible, God has revealed Himself to humanity; thus persistent reading and study of God’s Word are essential to the life, growth and health of the believer.
3. We believe in the hypostatic union of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is to say that Jesus of Nazareth, the Messiah of God was and is now both 100% God and 100% human, that in this one person a perfectly and fully divine essence and a completely human, though sinless, essence were united in the one God-man, the Lord Jesus Christ
4. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to the earth in power and glory to rule for a thousand years and in the blessed hope of the imminent return of Christ for overcoming believers.
5. We believe that by faithfully persevering to trust in Christ’s atoning sacrifice, there is hope for every human condition: forgiveness of sins, deliverance from bondages to controlling habits and power to live a holy life in accordance with John 3:3 & 7 and 2 Corinthians 5:17
6. In the fall and sinfulness of all humanity and that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the redeeming blood of Christ.
7. Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential to personal salvation.
8. Divine healing is available through the redemptive work of Christ on the cross.
9. The Holy Spirit, the third person of the triune Godhead, is real and active in the earth today. Further, the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to disciples of Christ Jesus who ask for it. The Holy Spirit in a disciple's life is evidenced by regeneration and progressive sanctification that produce renewed and ever increasing love for God and people, especially the brethren, a commitment to the scriptures and holy living. The Spirit filled believer has the capability of speaking with new tongues.
10. We believe, according to Ephesians 5:18 and evidence throughout the Acts of the Apostles, that the baptism in the Holy Spirit is not a onetime event, but a perpetual necessity in the life of the believer.
11. The Church of Jesus Christ is the universal, spiritual body of believers from every tribe, tongue, kindred, ethnos and race of peoples united by bonds of Christian love and a common dedication to Christ as Lord and Savior, is indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and is divinely empowered to fulfill ministry and her Great Commission on earth.
12. In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit indwelling Christians to enabled them to live holy lives.
13. We believe in the resurrection and final judgment of both the saved and the lost, the saved to everlasting life and the lost to everlasting damnation.
14. We believe in the new heavens and the new earth and the holy Jerusalem, the city of God, descending out of heaven and filled with the glory of God.
15. Christian growth can only be realized by faith in the promises of God and the Holy Spirit working in and through the life of the disciple of Christ.
16. We believe that marriage is God-ordained union between one man and one woman in a life-long, sacred and intimate relationship meant to parallel the relationship between Christ and the Church. (Matthew 19:4-5; Ephesians 5:23-30).
17. We practice two ordinances:
1. Water Baptism by immersion after repenting of one's sins and receiving the gift of salvation. • Due to the Biblical mandate to repent then be baptized, we do not baptize babies or small children too young to understand their need of salvation trough repentance and submission to the lordship of Jesus Christ. We do, however, according to 1 Samuel 1:28 and Luke 2, dedicate babies and small children to the Lord [a proclamation by parents and other relatives that the child will be raised in the fear and admonition of the Lord in a manner that prepares the child for faith in and service to the Lord Jesus at some future time of accountability].
2. Holy Communion (the Lord's Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation and a celebration of the resulting new life and unity of the body of believers.